Indonesian Positive Law-
Based on the principle of balance adopted by Law Number 8 of 1999 concerning Consumer Protection, it is also regulated regarding the rights and obligations of business actors.
In this description it is stated regarding:
Definition of Business Actors
The definition of business actors as stipulated in Article 1 number 3 of Law Number 8 of 1999 concerning Consumer Protection is any individual or business entity, whether in the form of a legal entity or not a legal entity established and domiciled or carrying out activities within the jurisdiction of the Republic of Indonesia, either alone or together through agreements for the implementation of business activities in various economic fields.
Rights and Obligations of Business Actors
Business actors in carrying out their business have rights and obligations stipulated in the provisions of the laws and regulations.
Rights of Business Actors
Article 6 of Law Number 8 of 1999 concerning Consumer Protection has stated that the rights of business actors are:
- The right to receive payment in accordance with the agreement regarding the conditions and exchange rates of the goods and / or services traded.
- The right to legal protection from the actions of consumers in bad faith.
- The right to self-defense should be in the legal settlement of consumer disputes.
- The right to rehabilitation of goodwill if it is legally proven that consumer losses are not caused by goods and / or services being traded.
- Rights stipulated in the provisions of other laws and regulations.
Obligations of Business Actors
The obligations of business actors as stated in Article 7 of Law Number 8 of 1999 concerning Consumer Protection are:
- Assume good faith in carrying out its business activities.
- Provide true, clear and honest information regarding the condition and guarantee of goods and / or services and provide explanations of use, repair and maintenance.
- Treating or serving consumers correctly and honestly and non-discriminatoryly.
- Ensuring the quality of goods and/or services produced and/or traded based on the provisions of the applicable quality standards for goods and/or services.
- Providing opportunities for consumers to test, and / or try certain goods and / or services and provide guarantees and / or guarantees on goods made and / or traded.
- Provide compensation, compensation and/or compensation for losses due to the use, use and utilization of goods and/or services traded.
- Provide compensation, compensation and/ or replacement if the goods and / or services received or utilized are not in accordance with the agreement.
The rights and obligations of these business actors are also inseparable from the provisions of other laws and regulations in their implementation, namely the Civil Code which regulates engagement. (RenTo) (210722)